Thursday, April 12, 2012

Floral Necklace for Spring

Hello all!!

Despite the freeze warnings here in Frankfort, Kentucky, I wanted to bring out something "spring-y"!


I used some of the Art-Kure Britain in Bloom images for this necklace.  I used the larger images on Shrink Plastic.  I colored the images with colored pencils.  I then cut them out with a slight white edge to the image.  I used a 1/8" hole punch to punch the holes for the jump rings.  I shrunk the plastic using my heat tool.  This can also be done in an oven, or a toaster oven.  Take caution when shrinking with a heat tool!  The plastic gets VERY hot!!

After the floral charms were made, I attached them to a 24" silver chain.  The iris went in the middle of the necklace with the other flowers 8 chains apart from each other.  Attach a clasp of your choice to the ends of the chain, and there you go ... a bright, fun, 'spring-y" necklace that's sure to bring many compliments.

If I'd added anything else to the necklace, I think it would have been some coordinating beads in between the flowers.  Any suggestions for any other add-on item?   And I was thinking about earrings made from the smaller images, what do you think? Hmmm, maybe a charm bracelet full of flower charms and lots of other fun thing!! I'd love to hear from you!!

Just want to give a shout out to Crafter's Companion for offering such a diverse range of stamps, accessories, and tools!!  They've got something for everyone to be interested in.  And the inspiration I get from seeing all of the cool projects from the other design team members is amazing!!  Check them all out.  I'm sure you'll be inspired by what you see.


Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.

Lisa

9 comments:

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

This is so beautiful Lisa! Great job...

Marge said...

Great idea Lisa. Maybe some coordinating beads would be nice, but frankly it is beautiful just as it is, and really pops against the black.

Dawn's Craft Place said...

This is such a creative idea and a beauty to wear!

Paula Huiras said...

This is so pretty-you are really good with jewelry-I remember your asian....
PH

madebyKarla said...

so pretty!

Stacy H-W said...

LOVE it!! Way to think outside of the box!!

Trena in Naperville said...

What an awesome idea Lisa, and so classy! Thanks for sharing details of how you made it.

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

UnikeByYes said...

Fabulous idea, I love Shrinking plastic, is a great alternative for custom jewerly.
TFS
Liz