Monday, April 9, 2012

Flowers Galore

Hello, happy Monday and Paula here. Today I have three flower cards for you from Art Cure. These stamps come in two sizes also. Who doesn't like flowers?  They are the perfect image to send to mom, for a sympathy card or a birthday card. I wanted to color them a bit different so here are the cards and below I'll tell you how I did it. Be sure to check out the other images and products at Crafter's Companion site.


                                                             
                                                                     

                                                                         
                                                                                 
                                                                               
I used a sheet of acrylic to lay down the ink. You could use a sheet of glass and if I'm in a hurry I'll also use a larger acrylic block-see they have multiple uses. I've laid down the ink several ways also. Sometimes I just rub the ink pad onto the sheet in random patches. Sometimes I make rows of  the same color and this seems to be easier as you also won't "mud" your ink pads.

                                                                             
I used white card stock to stamp each of the images in black dye ink. I trimmed the cards and then inked my acrylic sheet. Lay your card down on the ink and press with your fingers so you take up the ink. You could also use a brayer to do this. After looking at your card you may want to ink it some more. You can turn your card and pick up more ink in any direction. You may also need to reink the acrylic sheet.

card #1 uses Distress inks-Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed and Shabby shutters.
card #2 uses Distress inks-Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet and Milled Lavender.
card #3 uses Distress inks- Scattered Straw, Bundled Sage and Dried Marigold.
Hope you enjoyed this process. I really enjoy inking in a variety of ways and seeing how it turns out. Be sure and check out the other designer's cards.

Paula Huiras


                                                                   

                                                                          

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Out standing!!! Beautiful colors and I love the technique you used!! Excellent job!!!

Trena in Naperville said...

Lovely cards Paula! Thanks for sharing technique. I really dig colorful backgrounds!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Stacy H-W said...

Love this technique Paula!! All your cards turned out so cool.