Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Fun In The Sun

Hi everyone, Kathy here,
I am so excited today!
This week we are getting the new Humphrey Stamps.


These stamps are so adorable!
I started out by stamping 2 of the
swing set images on white card stock.

Then I colored them in with my
Spectrum-Noir Markers and cut
them both out with my Xacto knife.

I did the same with the tree.
(this tree is not in the Humphrey stamp set)
I glued the first set down with
Mono-Multi Glue.
I put foam dots on the tree to
give it a little dimension.


 I added brown twine for the rope
 on the swing and then cut out the
 elephant's head, legs, and hands.
I overlapped the hands, so she looks
like she's holding the rope.
Then put the remainder of the
 pieces on with the foam dots.


For the leaves on the tree,  grass and
flowers, I used flower soft.

For the sky and grass I just airbrushed
with splashes of blue and green.

When it was all dry, I mounted
the card on pink card stock and 
then onto a piece of black chipboard.

The sentiment is stamped onto
2 triangles, then cut out and then I put pop
dots under it for that 3-D look.

I added a little bumble bee at the end
And then it was done.

There will be 12 stamp sets in this
Humphrey's Corner Collection.
Crafter's Companion has all
kinds of wonderful stamps.
They also have markers, paper,
embellishments and so many other wonderful products. 
 But the best part is they have the best people
on staff to answer any questions
 you may have.

There is still time to make
a project for the
Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog's
April Mother's Day Challenge.
You should just pop over and take a look.

I hope you enjoyed my project
this week.

Thank you for stopping by.  Have a scrappy day.

Kathy

6 comments:

Dawn's Craft Place said...

This is a spectacular design!!! All the colors and flowers soft are wonderful!
Love all the texture you added with the twine.
Great job sweetie

Paula Huiras said...

This is just adorable-Love it!
PH

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Kathy you did an amazing job on your card! I have to say i love how you made the ribbon look like its flying in the wind. And your color is beautiful. TFS AJ!

Kathy said...

Thank you sweetie.

Kathy said...

Thank you miss paula, big hugs!

Kathy said...

Thank you AJ, welcome to the family, HUGS!!!