Saturday, April 14, 2012

Gather the Rose of Love

Hello and happy Saturday.
Today I have a card for you with an image that has been out for some time. It's a beautiful image of a clock and a rose and it would make a nice Mother's Day or even a Birthday card. It's from the Stamp It collection and it's called Rose Clock. Below I will tell you what I did with it.

                                                                           
First I stamped the image onto light colored card stock using Black dye ink and I trimmed card.  I rubbed Distress Ink Antique Linen over the panel. Next I layered the panel to larger patterned papers. Then I inserted a brad in the center of clock.

After getting the image ready I then started putting the base of the card together.  I prepared a folded light cream card and then I layered a dark brown card stock atop of it.  I layered another smaller patterned paper on top of that which has the stitch pattern punched on three sides. Next I layered a strip of brown patterned paper on the left side that also has the stitch pattern and I put a scalloped pink border (same patterned paper as under rose clock) under the brown patterned strip of paper. Then I prepared the woven ribbon and inserted three brads. I used some small pieces of double sided tape to adhere the woven ribbon. Finally I mounted the rose clock and a die ribbon that had been cut out with the patterned paper.

I am glad you could stop by this fine spring day. Please stop by next Saturday.  And be sure to check out the other designer's cards.

Paula Huiras

4 comments:

Dawn's Craft Place said...

This is one of my favorites for sure-such a beautiful stamp that works for so many designs.
Such a creative way to use and I love the Pink

Kathy said...

I love this stamp and you did a great job, love the pink and black,awesome card!!

UnikeByYes said...

Beautifil Paula! TFS
LIZ

Trena in Naperville said...

Very pretty Paula! I really dig your layout and the woven ribbon..