Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Gift Container for Dad's Day

Hello Everyone, Kathy here.
I have a wonderful sneak peek of some
new Father's Day stamps.
Yes Father's Day!!

Stamp It Australia , has come out with these great masculine stamps,
that you could easily use to make Father's day cards, and projects.
I love that they are coming out now because this gives you plenty of time to work on those Father's Day projects and not have to worry about waiting until the last second.
Today I am making an altered container to hold a gift.

I started out with a gift container you
would put a bottle of wine in.
First I pulled out some of my beautiful mulberry paper. 
Then I used the
to fill three sheets of paper.
After letting these papers dry, I brushed the
container with shimmer Mod Podge and
glued the pieces down. Then went over the top of them 
with the same product to give it a nice shimmer.
I put a piece of black and gold mulberry paper
on the lid and let everything dry.
For the tag to go with the gift, I used
Just stamp them on white card stock,
airbrush with the Spectrum-Noir Markers,
color in the time piece and your done.

The person I'm giving this to doesn't
like wine so I filled it with his favorite candy.
Here is the finished project.
These awesome stamps from Stamp It Australia,
will be arriving in just a few days.
Pop over to the
and take a look.
There are many, many stamps to use for
every occasion!

I hope you enjoyed my project today.
I had a great time making it.

"HOP HOP HOP"
Stay close by because we are going to have a Scavenger Hunt Blog hop on Friday
the 20th through Sunday the 22nd
There will be some Great Prizes!
"HOP HOP HOP"

Thank you so much for stopping by and looking today.
Have a scrappy Day.

Kathy

8 comments:

Caryn S said...

Great idea! I love the paper and the stamps.

Paula Huiras said...

This is so nice-love the word background on the container.
PH

Dawn's Craft Place said...

What a fun idea and great pictures of the steps along the way.

Frank said...

Great idea and better excecution!

Jenny said...

Thats cool. And the hubby is always asking why I clutter up space with containers he thinks I will never use again. lol

LynzCraftz said...

Great idea, I love the way it turned out!

SmokieBlueRose said...

It is a great idea, and he loves Butterfingers,)

UnikeByYes said...

Kathy this container idea is Stunning, TFS, I was just wondering what to do with a few mulberry sheets I have and this is perfect!!!
Have a lovely day!
Liz