Sunday, April 29, 2012

Girl Talk and Hearts

Don't you just love these new Humphrey stamps? They are so much fun. Today I am using the "Girl Talk" set from this line.

Because of the image size, especially after I added the greeting, I decided to do a 5.5 inch square card, which I don't do too often.  But it worked out great for this image.

I colored the image with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers (of course!) and then layered it on black. Note the grey shading around the whole image.  I have been using color IG1 for shading and like the results. Here are the rest of the marker colors I used. The markers that you can't see the labels for are IG1 and IG2, and the blender.

The matted image was layered on a mix of designer papers from my stash -- polka dot yellow and gingham red - to pick up the colors in the dresses.  I love the cheery look that the bright primary colors give. This was layered on black for cohesiveness.  I added a white ribbon and a narrower blue polka dot ribbon.  Then it was mounted on a white card base.

The final touch was to add two glittery red hearts in the upper right. I started with red card stock, and covered the whole surface with Versamark ink.  I then used tinsel red embossing powder and my heat gun.  Once I had a shiny, glittery sheet, I punched two hearts and popped one up with a dimensional.  By going over the edge of the black mat, you visually tie the different elements of the card together.

Hope you are enjoying your Sunday, and see you next week!

Marge Dady

7 comments:

Kathy said...

So so sweet, love the coloring. Wonderfu job.

Paula Huiras said...

The 5 sq. card is perfect for this image-love your two background papers-they are striking! The hearts and the way you did the ribbon is so neat.
PH

Dawn's Craft Place said...

I LOVE IT!!! Your coloring is so pretty, love this couple of friends.

Trena in Naperville said...

Awesome coloring Marge! I dig the heart idea! Thanks for sharing!
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

UnikeByYes said...

This is too cute for words!!! Love this! TFS
Have a great day!
Liz

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Your card is very sweet. Thanks for sharing

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Now this is so cute. Love it TFS AJ!