Friday, April 27, 2012

Happy Father's Day!!!!

Hello everyone!! Dawn B here on this wonderful Friday with a project that uses one of the new Stamp-It Australia "Guys in Our Life" stamp line.  I hope you enjoy it.
This would have been the perfect card for my Dad.  He was a carpenter his whole life, he passed away 4 yrs ago.  So this card is for you Dad.....

I made a Double Dutch Fold card.  I stamped the image several times and colored them all with Spectrum Noir markers.  I kept one of the images whole and fussy cut out each piece on the others and layered them on top of one of the images about 2 times.  I added some silver pearls to the corners for the finishing touch.  I have such a hard time making masculine cards, but I like how this turned out.....

Here are the directions on making a Double Dutch Fold card:

1.  Take a 5 1/2 x 11 inch piece of card stock and score at 4 inches.
2.  Take a 3 x 11 inch piece of card stock and score at  2 3/4 inches from each end.
3.  Take the 3 x 11 inch scored card stock and attach to the bottom of the 5 1/2 x 11 piece.
4.  Decorate as you wish.

This can also be made smaller if you wish.  I used the Ultimate tool for scoring my card stock/paper. It comes with a wonderful book and a DVD that shows you how to make different types of cards and projects.  Check it out in our Crafter's Companion Store.

See you all next Friday with another project of another new release..

Thanks for stopping by,
Dawn B

3 comments:

Kathy said...

So sorry about your dad Dawn, but he is loving this from heaven!!! Thank you for the directions on how to make this card. wonderful colors! love the pearls also. great 3-D. Papa would be proud!! I know I am!!

Paula Huiras said...

This is a great masculine card and the pearls complete it.
PH

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Oh yea your father is looking down smiling away at this great design,such a perfect way to use the tools.
Loving the dutch fold for this design...thanks for sharing