Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Humphrey - Just Catching Up

Hello everyone, Trena here with today's coloring project - you know I had to color some more! ;o)  I have a twist to what I shared before. Rather than dipping my paintbrush into alcohol and picking up color. I spritzed the alcohol into the color on the pallet. With this method, my paintbrush stayed wet longer and I had more control of how much alcohol I used with the color. The more alcohol the smoother the stroke.

I colored the background first. I would roll my paintbrush around in the alcohol to get a finer point for tight spaces.


Next, I colored his face and shirt. After I picked up color, I painted the dark areas first, like under his arm.  When I painted the pail, I added less alcohol so the strokes would not be smooth. I think it added a little texture.

Now to color the duck and flowers. I used the green marker directly on the center of the flowers. I came back later with the yellow marker and colored the petals again. I also remembered to color the pail handle. :o)


Added color to his shoes and a combo of green, brown and yellow colors for the grass. Sorry, I did not show the complete photo in this one. That camera cord was hanging in the way - don't you hate when that happens! :o)


Here, you can see the grass!  I finished by coloring his pants and belt.   I adhered the layers and it was ready to send.  After I finished the complete card, I noticed I forgot to color the little duck's feet. Oops! I colored direct with the marker.  Remember - it's not how perfect your project is the first time, it's how well you can recover from the "boo boos." LOL.

Hope you have a wonderful day!!
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!
Trena

4 comments:

Kathy said...

WOW!! This is so cool!! I love how you stamped over the blue sky!!! Your tutorials are always so helpful, thank you so much.Great painting.
Super job...

Dawn's Craft Place said...

I am telling you this is adorable as can be! I love these new images.
You have made such a fun card and so creative sweetie

Paula Huiras said...

Oh Trena, this is sooooo cute! Love that background.
PH

Rhonda Miller said...

Sooo cute. TFS.