Monday, April 16, 2012

It's All About Coloring and A Special Announcement

Happy Monday!! Trena here today, sharing a post on one of my favorite subjects - coloring!! 
The first thing I'd like to share is how I store my Spectrum Noir Markers.  I like to keep colors families together, so I used these little X-Cubes that I found at my local office store. This type of system allows me to put a lot of markers in one section and they sit right on my desk for easy access.  Please leave us a comment and tell us how you store yours. We all love organization ideas!!

 

When I got my first set of Spectrum Noir  Markers, I got together with my stampin' sister Marge and we made a chart of our favorite color combinations on some card stock I had in my stash.  I also filled in a blank Spectrum Noir template with the markers I had. Since then, I've started using Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock for Alcohol Markers and really like how I can blend with my markers, as well as fix little booboos.  I created a new chart with many more circles, as I have collected many more markers and the combinations are endless! :o) I've also been watching Leann's DVD. She shows lots of wonderful tips and techniques using the markers, and she tells us her favorite color combos.  I have an "*" in front of the color combos that I got from Leann.


When I get ready to color, many times I will google the subject or image to give me a guide for coloring.  I then compare the colors to my combo color chart and choose my markers. 

At the suggestion of my stampin' sister Stacy, I've added my combo chart to the side bar, along with a blank combo chart that you can print and fill in with your favorite color combos.

This week the Crafter's Companion Design Team will be sharing some awesome projects featuring the upcoming new Stamp It Release. They'll also be sharing some projects with their favorite images. Please come back and visit!!  Here's a sneak peak of the sneak peaks.





For even more creative ideas visit the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog.


-------------And now for the Special Announcement-------------- 

The Design team is having a blog hop starting Friday, April 20th at midnight (Pacific Time) and end at midnight on Sunday, April 22nd. There will be lots of prizes.  All the details will be shared here on the Crafter's Companion Information Blog this week.  Winners will be announced right here on Tuesday April 24th. 


-----------------------------------------------------------------
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!
Trena

10 comments:

Kathy said...

Love the color system. And the chart.And I can't wait for the HOP!!!

CLM-cindylu2u said...

Great system to store your markers, I just need a few more markers. I only have around 12 so I just use a jar. Excited for the hop, thanks for the ideas.
Cindylu

Paula Huiras said...

Great tips!
PH

Dawn's Craft Place said...

I love to see how others store their products...I am a color where I can type girl so I have to take them where ever when I get the time to color.Mine are in the zippered bags so they travel...lol
Thanks for sharing Trena
Excited about the hop, it is going to be fun

B. Poteraj said...

I LOVE to read about/see other people's ways of storing craft products! A few yrs ago, my son took woodshop. He made a wooden CD holder that has many horizontal wooden shelf slats that are the perfect size for my pens. I can store about 10 on each slat. He wanted to throw it away right after he made it because we don't store CDs in the house. But I knew that there would be a great use for it--I just didn't know what that perfect purpose would be yet....I'm SO glad that I saved it.

sharon g said...

You must be thrilled to have so many pens to choose from. Ahhhhhhhhh. I store my markers in a Lazy Susan sort of contraption. I am supposed to store them on their sides, though, aren't I? I need something like yours. Thanks for the idea.

Michelle H. said...

Fun coloring system idea!! TFS!!
The Blog Hop sounds really fun!!
Love the sneaks of the new stamps!

Stacy H-W said...

Pure genius!! I love the storage idea and the coloring ideas. Thanks for sharing!!

UnikeByYes said...

Fabulous! And what a fun way to start the weekend!

Unknown said...

Hi Trena! I'm a CC website and products fan, and found your blog from their e-mail newsletter. I am loving my SN pens, only have 48 more to go to round out my set. I would LOVE to see your color combo chart as that's really the next step I need to take some of the guesswork/time out of my coloring. When I save the thumbnail on the side of your blog, it comes out teeny-tiny, and when I enlarge it I can't see any of the numbers. Would you be willing to post/e-mail mail a full size chart to me? This is a fantastic concept and would surely be appreciated. I can't wait to color in those little circles so magnificently myself! Funny how the little things in life are cause for so much pleasure!

Great work here on your blog - so inspiring. I'm now a subscriber!

I haven't been given to blogging or vlogging much as of late, but I am a real-deal person, and my SN videos have gotten me a nice new crop of subscribers (on my channel) as of late.
Bernadet
bernadet.rodakowski@comcast.net
http://bernadetscraftblog.blogspot.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzkWjSebzuU&feature=relmfu