Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Oh Duck Notes For You

Happy Wednesday!!!

It is me, Dawn ll here again to share a project I put together using my Sheena Douglas image from Crafter's Companion. As soon as I saw these images, I knew I had to use this Oh Duck image!
I pulled out my Spectrum Noir markers and added just a little color. Then I pulled out my airbrush and loaded a few different markers and designed the background design.

Let me share a few steps with you.
There is always a need for masculine type cards and gifts in my household.  And no flowers will do! Oh Duck was perfect for a notebook idea. I just pulled out a couple sheets of chipboard and attached with a little space on the top so I could put some papers in the inside. I have this scrap pile of white paper that was perfect to cut down to use on the inside.
How perfect is this burlap ribbon and waxy twine?  I added some double sided adhesive strips so I could add my colored image and have just a little bit of height.
Here is an angled frontal view to show you that I decided to color a second duck image and fussy cut and pop dotted to the front for a little more dimension. Here is also a quick view of the inside.  I think I will be adding a little velcro and a pen and give it as a gift.
All of a sudden I remembered I had some fuzzy embossing powder so I added that to the cattails. 3D Crystal Lacquer was added on the duck feet. This is just another way to add dimension to the image.
There you have it! A quick and easy design using just my scraps to make a gift for a special guy in my life.

I hope you enjoyed my project.  If you have any question please let me know.  Don't forget there are TWO of us posting each day, so check out my talented team member Kathy's project today, I know you won't be disappointed.

Also please share your projects!!  We have a challenge blog that holds a fun challenge each month.  Crafter's Companion USA Challenge blog's April challenge is "Mother's Day".  There is a wonderful prize that you can win that includes a bunch of Beatrix Potter goodies.  Please go check it out!!

post signature

5 comments:

Kathy said...

This is so cool, I love the use of the burlap fabric. Great card!!

Paula Huiras said...

I really like the burlap with this card-they just go together...
PH

Carolyn L. said...

Very nice!

UnikeByYes said...

Great idea to add the burlap! Fabulous coloring.
TFS
Liz

Trena in Naperville said...

Very nice Dawn! I dig the way the duck pops off the page!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!