Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sending My Love!

Good morning Crafter's Companion friends, Tracy here today!  So did you get a chance to hop along to all of the design team blogs and leave a comment? If not, be sure to check out the Scavenger Hunt BLOG HOP going on this weekend. There are some fabulous prizes to be won!!  I know we all love prizes!!

Today I am here to show you Birthday Girl from the Humphrey line. Of course I colored her up with my Spectrum Noirs. I didn't really use any special techniques on this one, however I was trying to get the flowers to have a sort of watercolor effect. I achieved that look a little by using my blender pen.

Blender pens aren't what you "think" they are. They don't really blend the color. They do 2 things though. first, they help "push" the color. For instance, if you color outside of the lines, you can take your blender pen and sort of "push" the color back into the line. Now if you are working with darker colors you have to be careful because you can get some bleeding doing this. Just think, the color has to go somewhere. It's just not disappearing.

The blender pen also works a bit like bleach. Take my image below. I colored the flowers in with purples.  Afterwards I carefully used my blender pen on them and it faded out some of that dark color, sorta like bleach would do. Remember the ink is really just being pushed along somewhere else, so be careful that it doesn't move outside of your lines! It takes some practice but the blender pen is one of my favorite tools when coloring! 


Thanks for looking and don't forget to check out the blog hop!!!

Hugs,

7 comments:

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Oh my goodness this is so sweet! I love this cutie and the colors you used...the flowers are the perfect touch

Rhonda Miller said...

This is soo cute. TFS.

HelenM said...

she is adorable!!

UnikeByYes said...

THis is adorable Tracy! Your color scheme is fantastic. TFS
Have a great day!
Liz

Kathy said...

Tracy this is so precious!! I love this stamp and you have made it very elegant!!! Super job!!

Linda Kirsch said...

Love, love, love this card!

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

This is so cute!