Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring Day

Hi Everyone, Kathy here today.

Crafter's Companion has just released these great new stamps from Art-Kure
There are so many wonderful flowers to choose.

Today I am going to use the Daffodil, and the Iris which are two of my favorites.

I started out with a piece of black card stock and layered two different pretty spring papers on top.  I added butterflies and a die cut window to put the flowers in.  For the flowers, I stamped one set of the Iris, and two sets of the Daffodils on white card stock. Then I colored them in with my Spectrum-Noir Markers.  Next I fussy cut all three sets out.  I put the iris on double foam squares to pop it off the page. Then with the daffodils I took one set and cut just the flowers out, and added them to the other set to make one big bunch of daffodils.  I put them right beside the others,also using double foam squares.  This gives it more of a 3-D effect.
To finish up I put lavender sprigs with yellow flowers in two corners and then it was done.

This set is from the Mike Gross-Britain In Bloom line.  I love this set of stamps because you can buy just the ones you want.  They are all individual and come in both large and small sizes.

Pop over to the Crafter's Companion Store and check out all the beautiful flowers.
Then pick one and make a project for the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog.
"The theme for April is Mothers day".  The designers have made some wonderful projects!!
Please go take a look.

Thank you for stopping by.  And have a scrappy day.

Kathy

8 comments:

Paula Huiras said...

This is very pretty with the spring papers!
PH

Carolyn L. said...

Wow, I love all those colors!

Kathy said...

Thank you.

Kathy said...

Thank you.

UnikeByYes said...

What a beautiful card Kathy! I can wait to get my little hands on the daffodils stamp ;) Thank you for sharing.
Have a great day
Liz

Frank said...

Really Dy-No-Mite.

Trena in Naperville said...

So pretty Kath!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Kathy said...

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate the comments!