Friday, April 6, 2012

Spring is in the air!!

Hello everyone,
It's Friday with Steph.  Are you ready for Spring?? Whenever I think of Spring I think of Easter eggs, new farm animals and allergies of course. But when Sheena Douglass came out with her newest set of images of farm animals the 1st thing that came to my mind was an Easter basket of course.

Here it is:

My wire basket was a store bought basket from the $1 bin at Target. I measured the 5 surfaces (4 sides + 1 bottom) of the basket and created a template for me to cut out my patterned paper. I added a 1/4" on all measurements to ensure that when I scored the folds, using my Crafter's Companion Ultimate Tool, there would still be enough paper to cover the basket. Next I covered all seams with ribbon.

My gift tag was stamped, sponged around the edges and embellished with some Flower Soft. I love how well sketched the image is that I didn't really have to color in the image. I plan to add it to a gift bag next!

Happy Crafting and best wishes for Easter!

GIVEAWAY FRIDAY 
This week we are giving away the Sheena's new A Little Bit Different - Oh Duck.

Just leave a comment on today's post by Sunday night and you could win the cute stamp. We will post the winner on Tuesday's blog post. Must be a U.S. resident to win.

Steph

8 comments:

Kathy said...

I love your basket Steph, great job with the flower soft,and bright colors "EWE' did an EGGcellent job!!!

Paula Huiras said...

Really cute!
PH

dmbennett said...

Really cute. Love how you used the flower soft.

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Such a fun idea and love how you used this stamp. Fun, fun, fun!

Taylor said...

Steph, this is fabulous! it is SO springy!!

Michelle H. said...

Adorable basket & card!!
Love the stamp!!

Trena in Naperville said...

So cute Steph! I dig those flowers!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Jennifer Dove said...

I NEED this cute Duck stamp! can't wait to play