Saturday, April 21, 2012

Valuable Time

Hello and happy Saturday! Paula here today with a card for you called "Valuable Time" that I made with the new Stamp It Australia Stamp Set Collection. I think it would make a wonderful Father's Day card. You can find these stamps and other products by going to the Crafter's Companion store site.  Below are the pictures of the card and some close-ups too. I will tell you how I made the card.                                                                                  
                                                                           
I stamped all of the images onto white card stock using black dye ink. I used a black India Ink pad. I  stamped the background words twice side by side.  I trimmed and cut as shown. I layered the two compass images to die cuts Quinn Flourish. Next I layered Valuable Time to a larger black panel. I distressed the edges of Dad's Day.

I inserted brads in the two compass pieces. I inserted clock hand and larger brad in the Valuable Time panel. I layered background words on to a larger black card.

I layered a strip of vanilla card stock that had been put through a script folder to the right side of a light brown card. I layered both pieces to a larger darker brown card.  I wrapped woven ribbon around these pieces and taped the ends to the back. I layered it all to a folded white card.

I arranged the time piece at the top right and then mounted two compass pieces. I mounted Dad's Day at the bottom left and pointed the clock hand to it.
I hope you enjoyed the photos of this card. These images are all great images for a Dad card. Be sure and check out the other designer's cards and stop by again next Saturday.

Be sure and check out the Crafter's Companion Scavenger Hunt Blog Hop going on this weekend!!  Tons of great prizes to win!

Paula Huiras

5 comments:

Tammy Ortiz said...

This is a very super card

Kathy said...

Wow Beautiful card Paula!!! I love how You blended the stamps together. Great job.

Marianne said...

This looks great!! Wonderful card and a lovely sentiment! Hugs, Marianne

Dawn's Craft Place said...

The pieces you used and details are wonderful on this design...love it!

UnikeByYes said...

Paula, this is a fantastic father's day card. Great job showcasing different stamps. Thank you for sharing!
Havea great day!
Liz