Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Baby Card


For this week's project, I made a baby card.  This card could be used to send to the new baby or parents, as a birth announcement, or as a baby shower invitation.  The inside is up to you.



















I started with a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of purple card stock.  I folded it in half for the the card base.  (This card has a side fold.) Next, I used a border punch down the side of the front.

I picked out a coordinating patterned paper (plaid) and another solid color card stock (sage green).  From the patterned paper, I cut a 1" x 5 1/2" strip.  I attached this to the inside of the card, on the edge, to accent the punched border.

I cut a 4 3/4" x 3 1/4" piece of sage card stock.  I attached this to the front of the card.  I also punched a 3 1/2" oval from the sage green card stock.

I cut a 4 3/4' x 3" piece of plaid.  I used a different border punch across the top and bottom of this piece.  After punching, I attached it on top of the sage green card stock on the front of the card.

I used the Extra Strong Permanent Tape to attach the layers described above.

I used double-sided adhesive foam to attach the sage green oval onto the top of the card.

I used the Humphrey "Welcome Little One" stamp set.  I put the main image on Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock.  Then I used my Spectrum Noir pens to color it. I cut it from the card stock leaving a tiny border around the image.  I used the double-sided adhesive foam again to attach the image to the top of the oval on the front of the card.

I placed gemstones across the punched areas of the plaid paper.  I added some punched paper flowers in the corners of the plaid paper. These were attached to the paper with 3-D Crystal Lacquer. (Please see photos for placement suggestions.)  I used glitter glue in the middles of the flowers.

Hope you enjoyed today's project!

Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.


Lisa 

5 comments:

JLJ Designs said...

Sweet card! I love plaid.

Paula Huiras said...

Your card looks so dreamy! Love how you did the border punch at the edge.
PH

Dawn's Craft Place said...

This is so precious! Love the papers so perfect with this cutie

Trena in Naperville said...

Adorable Lisa!! Love the border and combination of colors!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

sharon g said...

This little gal is so cute. I love the lavender that you used and the little gems. So sweet.