Monday, May 21, 2012

Bonne Sante (Good Health)

"They" say that a bit of wine from time to time is good for your health. So when I saw Sheena Douglass' new Provence stamps, I decided to use the Bonne Santé stamp.



When I made this card, I started with a piece of 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" kraft-colored card stock. Also a 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" piece of purple card stock and a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock.

The kraft-colored card stock was folded in half for the card base. This card has a side fold. I used the Extra Strong Permanent Adhesive to attach the purple card stock to the center of the card base.

On the Ultra Smooth Card stock, I placed the bottle and glass image. I used basic masking to add the other wine glass behind the bunch of grapes in the first image. Then, I placed the Bonne Santé image to the left of the neck of the wine bottle. I colored the images with Spectrum Noir Markers.

I used a scrap of the Ultra Smooth Card stock to place the image of the bunches of grapes. I used the Spectrum Noir markers on this too. I then "fussy cut" out the image.

Using the tape, I centered the main images on top of the purple card stock.

I used the double-sided foam adhesive to pop up the bunches of grapes on the top left portion of the card. Please refer to the image for placement.

I placed three purple gem stones in the bottom right corner of the card. The last thing I did was to use an opaque white gel pen to scratch in some highlights in the images.

I wish you all a wonderful week!! To my Kentucky followers and friends ... please remember to vote on Tuesday, May 22nd. 
And remember ... May is Crafter's Companion Customer Appreciation month!!

For the third week's giveaway, ending on May 22, 2012, Crafter's Companion will be letting me give one of you the Boxer and Envelobox Creator Bundle with Advanced Techniques DVD.


Here are requirements to win a prize from Crafter's Companion and me ...

  • You MUST be a follower of ALL THREE OF THESE  BLOGS ...



-and my blog. To follow my blog, go to the bottom of the page and click on the icon
"Join this site with Google Friend Connect".

  • You MUST also leave a comment on my blog in the week the prize is being given away.
  • You MUST be a resident of the United States.

Be sure to check on the Crafter's Companion store web site, the Informational Blog and the Challenge Blog to see what else will be given away in May 2012.

Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.

Lisa

9 comments:

Trena in Naperville said...

Lovely card Lisa!! Your coloring and highlights are beautiful!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Wonderful design and such wonderful colors!!!

Paula Huiras said...

I really like what you did with this card. The wine bottle and glasses look so real.
To our health!
PH

Kathy S. said...

Your coloring is beautiful, hope I can acquire your skill with my spectrum noir markers someday.

Kathy said...

Great job Lisa, I love the stamps you chose.Wonderful colorng.

Cathy said...

Awesome job on the card, vibrant colors!
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

Bhawana said...

Lovely cards. coloring made grapes looks live.

Rufus said...

Your coloring is incredible! Lovely
R/

Priyakumar said...

wine in the glass looking so real. wonderful card