Saturday, May 12, 2012

Dad's Day Card and Bookmark

Hello. Happy Saturday to you all. This week is a free week, meaning we can choose whatever we want to post. I decided to do another Dad card and also made a bookmark to go with it. You can find these stamps from Stamp It Australia-Guys in Our Life stamp collection in the Crafter's Companion store along with their other wonderful products and stamps. Below I will tell you how I put it all together.


All the images are stamped onto white card stock using black dye ink. The feather background is stamped three times in a row on both the card and bookmark. 

The three owls are colored with the Spectrum Noir Markers as are the edges of the compass. 


I also added some feathers underneath the owls.


The little coat/shirts are also colored a bit with the markers and then cut apart. I added some gold brads to the left and also added some yarn to the plastic bookmark protector.

Don't forget about the giveaways on each designers blogs. We are giving away a prize every week. This is week 2. The prize on each designer's blog is a 4 pack of Rock-A-Blocks and a stamp (of Crafter's Companion choice) from the Popcorn The Bear stamp line! Pop over to my blog and leave a comment and a chance to win.
Hope you enjoyed this project and be sure to check out the other designer's projects.

Paula Huiras

3 comments:

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Wow Paula You did an amazing job on everything. I have to say my favorite is the bookmarks. I like how you stamp each one and paper pieced the shirts! TFS AJ~

Dawn's Craft Place said...

What a fun design using these stamps and love the addition of feathers-always need bookmarks and this is a great one

Kathy said...

Wow, These are awesome, I love the combo of the the stamps and the feathers are great!!! The card is wonderful but the book mark is over the top!! Love them, great job.