Monday, May 7, 2012

Every day is a gift ...

... that's why they call it the present.  I believe that statement.  And I think it's a great sentiment for the card I made for today.  I've been working on a special Monday blog for you, I hope you like it.


This project features the "The Present" S.w.a.l.k.™ stamp set.

To make this card, I started with a piece of 11" x 7 1/4" dark turquoise card stock, folded in half with a side fold.  I also used two pieces of 5" x 6 3/4" card stock; one light turquoise and the other the Ultra Smooth Premium Card stock.  I used a corner rounder on the light turquoise card stock and attached it to the center of the front of the card with Extra Strong Permanent Tape.  I put this to the side for later use.

I stamped the two packages found in the set with Tuxedo Black Memento ink.  I placed the center of each package about 2" in from the side and 2" up from the bottom of the ultra smooth card stock.  I then used simple masking to cover the packages so I could stamp the girl to look like she's standing behind the packages.  Next, I stamped the sentiment stamps above and below the main image.

I colored my images with the Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  Use the colors that you like.  I just felt in the mood for the coral and turquoise colors when making this sample.  They looked "springy" to me.

After I'd finished with the coloring, I drew a line behind the girl's legs, and on out from the packages a bit, to look like there was a floor there.  I think this helps to "anchor" the images.  Without, she seemed to be "floating" in mid air!  Ha!

Uh oh.  I got a smudge of ink on my card.  What to do now?  Make a new one after getting this far?  No ... not today.  I decided to add some punched paper flowers.  I added just a drop of glitter glue to the inside of the flowers.  They came out looking OK, I think.  Then, to finish with the color, I added a bit of pink chalk to her cheeks and a bit of light blue chalk partially around her.

I used a corner/border punch around the edges of the card stock with the images.  I liked it, but ...  I decided it needed just another little something at the top.  I got out my Ultimate tool and made a perfect little bow to attach to the top.

Here's a close-up look at part of the front of the card ...


Speaking of the Ultimate Tool ... Crafter's Companion is letting me give away one the first week of May.  Please check out my blog entry from Tuesday, May 1, 2012, for the complete details on how you can be entered to win.  And remember that tomorrow is the last day to enter to win the Ultimate Tools being given away on the Crafter's Companion Informational Blog and on the Crafter's Companion USA Challenge Blog this week.

Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.

Lisa

8 comments:

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Aww this is so cute and I love how you place the sentiment. TFS AJ!

Paula Huiras said...

Nice card Lisa. I like your coloring and the two little flowers on either side just look like they belong there.
PH

Dawn's Craft Place said...

This is adorable as can be! You know there is no such thing as a mistake in crafting! Beautiful job
Thanks for sharing

Kathy said...

This is so precious!! your coloring is wonderful and I love the lacy background.Lisa you are so sweet! The flowers are perfect, you were ment to make that smudge,lol, so you could think of the flowers... Great job telling us how you put the card together. And I love the idea of the chalk for the cheeks. I am going to use that.Beautiful job!

LynzCraftz said...

Adorable card!

Kathy said...

So cute! Really like your color choices. Great job!

sharon g said...

So darned cute, she reminds me of Cindy Loo (Grinch).

Jenscrapstoo said...

She is so cute!! Great stamp!!
Cheers Jennie Jenscrapstoo