Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Let's Catch Up!

Welcome to Crafter's Companion!!  Stacy here today with a project I made using a stamp from the super sweet new collection from the Humphrey's Corner stamp line.

I LOVE Humphrey and his siblings!!  These stamps just call to my heart.  I was so excited when I heard there was a new collection coming out.  This collection is called A Year With Humphrey.  There are 12 gorgeous new stamps for us to enjoy!!!  WOO HOO!!  lol
I decided to start with Girl Talk.  This is really just the cutest stamp ever!!   I love how girlie it is.  I stamped out the image onto Ultra Smooth Premium White Card stock for Alcohol Markers.  This really is the best paper to use with our Spectrum Noir markers.  And of course I colored my image with my Spectrum Noir markers!!  And why wouldn't I?  They are the best alcohol ink markers for the price!!  And they color beautifully!!! 

I also wanted to paper piece the dresses. I just love the added bit of texture and dimension it gives to my project.  So I stamped out the image twice more onto two different pieces of patterned paper.  And then I fussy cut out the the dresses.  I glued them down onto my colored image and then cut out the image with some dies on my Cuttlebug.  I layered matching patterned paper and card stock to make up my card.

I found the perfect bit of ribbon in a bag of goodies I bought from Maya Road.  I think the colors were perfect for this project.  I love how the pinks and browns go together so nicely.   I stamped my sentiment directly onto the patterned paper and added it to the front. 
I used some of my matching papers to simply decorate the inside of the card too.  I love the flowers on the ribbon and in the patterned paper I used.  This card would be perfect to enter in the May Flower Challenge on the Crafter's Companion USA Challenge Blog this month.   I hope to see your flower projects over there this month!! 

Crafter's Companion is giving away a ton of goodies this month!!  We will be giving away wonderful stuff on the blogs of our Design Team members each week. (you can find the links on our sidebar.  There will also be giveaways here and on the Challenge blog each week.  AND we will be giving away an Ultimate Tool EVERY DAY THIS MONTH to a random person who purchases something in our online store!!!  Can you tell we are feeling generous this month??!   Please scroll down to the next post to find out the details for this weeks giveaway!

Thanks for stopping by here today.  Until next time...happy scrapping!

9 comments:

Paula Huiras said...

Nice colors-love the pink and brown together. Their dresses are adorable. The flowery ribbon is perfect.
PH

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Oh my goodness these two are cute as can be with their paper pieced dresses...love them!

Becky Dunham said...

This is absolutely adorable Stacy! I love all the patterns and colors and that image - gotta have that image :) I just adore Humphrey stamps! Sounds like an exciting month of May!

Kathy said...

Awesome project Stacy!! love the 3-D dresses...also adore the pink and green color combo. Great job!!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Love the pink and brown paper choice to go with that cute image. Thanks for sharing.

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Beautiful card! I love the paper piecing you did and this is such a cute stamp set. TFS AJ!

Kelly Massman said...

This is such a darling card!!!!!!! I love the colors!

KellyG said...

Soooo cute, love it!!

CLM-cindylu2u said...

Super sweet image, love your layering effect and coloring, great job!!
Cindylu