Thursday, May 31, 2012

Let's go for coffee


This was a quick and easy card. (Can you tell I really like that kind?)

I used the coffee cup image from the new Sheena Douglass' A Little Bit Scenic - French 50's Cafe set.

I put the image across a piece of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Ultra Smooth Premium Card stock. As you can see in the photo, I staggered the images from row to row. Then I cut the card stock down to 3 3/4" x 5". I picked several cups at random and colored in the dots with a red Spectrum Noir marker. I attached this finished piece to a piece of black card stock that was about 1/16" larger on each side. This was then attached to the middle of a piece of red card, 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", card stock that had been folded in half. (This card has a side fold.)

Then, I printed out the text "Let's go for coffee" onto the same Premium Card stock. I cut this out to be 2 1/4" x 1 3/8". I attached this to the middle of a 2 5/8" x 1 3/4" piece of red card stock. This was then attached to the middle of a piece of black card stock that was about 1/16" larger on each side.

Up to this final step, I used the Extra Strong Permanent Tape to attach my card parts. I attached this last piece with the text, at an angle, to the front of the card with double-sided adhesive foam.

Done!

Now, remember to be be sure and join us for all the Customer Appreciation giveaways.  Today is the last day to enter.  The link on this blog is on the upper right sidebar.  Don't miss out!!!!

Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.

Lisa

7 comments:

Tonya H said...

Oh I Love this. Those coffee cups are so cute and I love how you only colored some of them. Fabulous!

Kelly Sas said...

Love how you isolated just a few of those cups. Your card really pops by doing this. I need to remember this idea. Thanks!

UnikeByYes said...

This card is so chic Lisa! Thanks for sharing!
Liz

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

OMG This is so cute and guess what I'm having coffee. So ya I'll have coffee with ya. LOL TFS AJ~

Rebecca Morefield-Wagner said...

This is too cute!! Simple yet darling. I am going to have to steal this idea!

Kathy said...

Love it. Great simplicity!!! Excellent Job..

Trena in Naperville said...

Love this Lisa!! One of my favorite color combinations and so cute!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!