Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Little Bit Scenic

Hi, Dawn LL here today
Sheena's A Little Bit Scenic - Provence Sheena's A Little Bit Scenic - French 50s Caf
I am loving the new Stamps Sheena Douglas has released...I am suppose to be sharing the first set Sheena's A Little Bit Scenic - Provence  from Crafter's Companion but I knew when I saw these sets that these individual stamps were going to go perfectly together.

Aren't these grapes from the Provence set, and the cafe table and chair from the French 50's Cafe set
 perfect together?
 I like to start with my Spectrum Noir markers and coloring with a dotted type technique and build the colors until I am happy with the blending.  After coloring several grapes, I fussy cut to use as a border.
I love to work with the gray markers.
I used a frame die from Cheery Lynn Designs and a Spellbinder shape to mat and frame my colored image.

When using the Spellbinder shape I like to leave the die in place and pull out my Memento inks to distress, this one was Memento Pad - Summer Sky.

My fun polka dotted ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

Thanks for checking out my layered card today~ I will be back next week to share another project with you.  I hope you have a great week.

post signature

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Love the card Dawn, very ellegant!! Great coloring and I love the lacey look from the die.
beautiful job.

Tonya H said...

Oh I love this. I love how your mixed the grapes with the table ont he card. Just gorgeous!!

Becky Dunham said...

Oh my goodness Dawn! I agree with you - this is a perfect combination! I LOVE the grapes - so sweet! Going to have to get my hands on that Provence set for sure and eventually will need to own all of the Sheena sets - love her sets :)

sharon g said...

Your coloring always looks wonderful!

Linda said...

This is absolutely beautiful. It makes me want to be at that little care sipping some tea. I love it. Linda E.

grandmalee said...

I adore how you "bunched" this card together! Fussy cutting the grapes and putting them together like this made an amazing border. The dies really put the focus on this awesome new stamp set from Sheena. Your coloring is awesome! Great job!

On another note, I just received my package today that I won. Talk about doing a BIG happy dance!!!! :D I can't thank you enough for offering the Ultimate Crafter's COmpanion as a prize! I just finished reading the instruction booklet, and I can't wait to play! Seeing it in person is so much more amazing than what I saw in the pictures. I just took my old scoring board, paper cutter, bow maker and some embossing templates to my daughter's house yesterday along with other supplies, so I'm amazed at how much easier this will be to transport! I won't have to make multiple trips to the car to bring in supplies thanks to the Ultimate Crafter's Companion. Again, thank so much for offering the best prize I've ever won!!! I'll definately be back to show off some of the goodies I plan to make with this awesome tool!!! :D

UnikeByYes said...

This is so pretty Dawn! TFS,
Have a wonderful day!
Liz