Thursday, May 3, 2012

Prom Party Invitation

It's that time of year around here.  Prom time.  And I have been having a great time looking at the prom pictures on Facebook.

Here's a card to invite the friends to your party after the prom.









 
I used the "Belle of the Ball" S.w.a.l.k.™ stamp set for this invitation.  I stamped the image on a piece of 4" x 5 1/4" card Ultra Smooth Premium Card stock.  I used my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers to color in the image.  I used the markers to "write" over the text.  I used a glitter pen to color in the stars.  I added glitter glue to make the diamonds in her tiara shine.  I pulled out some silver Liquid Pearls™ for her necklace and earrings. I rubbed some chalk  around her for a little bit of a background (it's hard to see in the photo).

Using a word processing program and my printer, I printed the text shown at the bottom of the card on the same card stock as the image. I used the same marker I'd used at the top to "write" over the text.  I mounted it onto the same color card stock and adhered it to the front of the card below the image.

I also used the word processing program to create the inside of the invitation.  Just the basics of any standard invitation ... who, what, why, when and where.  The information was typed into a 3.75" x 5" text box.  I place four of these text boxes on a page.  You then print, cut, and adhere them to the inside of the invitation.

I hope this helped spark your imagination.

Be sure to leave a comment on my blog this week (ending on May 8th, 2012) for a chance to win an Ultimate Tool from Crafter's Companion and me!

Be sure to to check out the Crafter's Companion Informational Blog and the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog for more giveaways in May!
Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.

Lisa

14 comments:

Paula Huiras said...

I like how you did this card invitation. the image is perfect for the occasion. Neat idea.
PH

CLM-cindylu2u said...

Super sweet, my daughter is a sophmore and I may just have to lift this ideal in the coming year!!
Cindylu

Kathy said...

Wonderful invitation.love the colors. nice job.

littlen said...

great idea. tfs.
littlen44 at gmail dot com

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Oh my this is precious!What a fun invite idea...hope you enjoy the night and get lots of pictures...lol

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

She is sooo cute. I love that you are hosting a party. That is cool.

LaJanette said...

Loving the way you have colored this image. What a neat idea! Great way to keep kids in a safe enviornment on the oh so dreaded prom night.

Hugs;
Janette

Stacy H-W said...

This is such an awesome project! I love your idea of using this swalk stamp for the party invitations! She would work perfectly for a princess party for a little one too!! TFS

Jessica said...

I love this invite! What a fun idea for prom goers! I enjoy seeing all the pics, too. It takes me back!
:O)
Jessica S

Crafty Pink Butterfly said...

I love it and the colors are perfect.

shamraiz said...

I have been hooked on her goodies for about a month now and already have 2 stamp sets and 3 different ink sprays and will eventually have them all. she is great and I love her tutorial's too. I like the way you inked this up and that blank space on front if your anything like me will eventually be covered up as well
regards,
sam:>)

Membership Cards
Plastic VIP Cards
scratch card

UnikeByYes said...

What an adorBle invite! TFS
Liz

Kathy said...

Great idea. Love the stamp, would be perfect for my granddaughter, who , too is a princess.

Thiru said...

Cards is more important to intimate other. letterhead printing and cheap postcards . Excellent thanks appointment cards .