Saturday, May 5, 2012

Some Birdie Told Me

Hello and happy Saturday. Today's card is called Some Birdie Told Me. It could be used as a Happy Birthday card or for many other occasions. You get to decide. The image is from the new SWALK stamps. You can find these stamps and other fabulous products on Crafter's Companion site. Below I will tell you how I put my card together.


Stamp the image onto white card stock with black dye ink. India ink or the Brilliance ink from Crafter's Companion both work well for this step. Next color with Spectrum Noir Markers and then cut out the image.

I mounted my image to a white die cut that has a sweet blue polka dot ribbon wrapped around it.  I just taped the ends to the back. This image was then layered to a light blue card that had been put through another heart die cut meant for a tree!  I just used it sideways.

I added two stick-on jewels on the top left and bottom right. I layered this card to a smaller yellow card so you could see the yellow hearts. This card was then mounted to a patterned polka dotted paper and then onto another sheet of patterned paper. All these layers were adhered to another yellow card and then onto the folded white base card. I hope you enjoyed this Saturday's card.  Be sure to check out the other designer's cards.   

And be sure and join in on all the giveaways we are having this month!!  Start with the Ultimate Tool giveaway that is going on right now!  Go HERE to join in.

Paula Huiras
                                                                             

6 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Adorable! Love the die and the cut-out swirl in the background and of course the adorable image!

Carolyn L. said...

This is super cute. I love the soft colors you used!

Kathy said...

Hi Paula, your coloring is wonderful!! And I love the colors you picked to go with your stamp. Great job.

Dawn's Craft Place said...

CUTE as can be!!!
The coloring is perfect and such a pretty design

Kathy said...

I really like the layout of your card. The colors are great.

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

How cute! I really love the new "A little Birdie Told Me" stamp. You did a fabulous job on your card. TFS AJ!