Thursday, May 17, 2012

Texture, Texture

Hi all!  Jen (JLJ Designs) here.  I've been muddling over my plain Jane cards recently.  I love papers mounted on cardstock and a nice design...then I get stuck!

I started today with Swinging By from A Year with Humphrey.  



After coloring the image with my Spectrum Noir markers, I chose papers to match the dress.  I cut out two 3 1/2" squares and one 3" square and layed them out on my card base.  This is where I usually get stuck.  The other day I bought some tulle, gold netting and feathers and I decided to give them all a try on this card.  Surprisingly, I was really pleased with the effect.  I love all the texture these add to the card.  I still have the nicely mounted papers and now I have a bigger visual punch!

Can't wait to see what texture inspires you!
Happy Crafting!
Jen

4 comments:

Paula Huiras said...

Your gold netting and feathers add interest to the whole image. I like the same coloring in your two background squares too.
PH

Dawn's Craft Place said...

LOVE IT!!!
What fun layering with this cutie,loves the colors and your coloring

Trena in Naperville said...

So cute Jen! Great idea on layout!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

sharon g said...

I'm really into texture and depth, so this is wonderful to me. I also love the colors you chose for her. She is so sweet.