Wednesday, May 16, 2012

You Light Up My Life


I had an idea about using a CD from Crafter’s Companion called   Paintbox Poppets Interactive Papercrafting CD-ROM to show you how I can make an altered piece using a Wavy Deco Bloc.

On this paper crafting CD-ROM you'll find gorgeous design sets and coordinating backing papers, frame cards and alphabets, along with toppers galore including decoupage sheets, ribbon sliders, sentiments and the ever-popular Card Companions.


This is the decoupage sheet I printed from the Paintbox Poppet CD and the glass bloc as I started to design.  I used this sheet to layer on the inside and the outside of my decorative bloc.Using the base layer I used Mod Podge on the top of the image and attached in the inside of the glass block. It gives a crackle look as it is drying
I also attached the layer 3 to the outside of the glass block-careful to line up to the base layer in the inside.I filled the inside with crinkle filling. I left an area for a light string in the bottom.It was to hard to get a picture of the light.
Next I went to work  decorating the outside with various flowers, greenery, and bling.
 I even decorated the top with the same floral spray I designed and a rich satin ribbon from my stash.

I hope I gave you some inspiration to try something different using products from Crafters Companion CD ROMS...there are so many wonderful designs available.

If you would like more details on the supplies I used to create this altered piece, please check out the post on my personal blog.   I also want to share that I will be posting several cards made with this Crafter's Companion CD in the June 15th Issue of Paper & Pixels, I hope you are a subscriber and join me there.

Have you been entering all the giveaways this month???
There is one right here on this blog, we also have one on the challenge blog, and each of our design team members have a giveaway...


post signature

9 comments:

Paula Huiras said...

Wow this is very pretty. You are full of creativity.
PH

Kathy said...

This is beautiful!!!What a great Idea. I love the soft pastel colors, and the flowers are wonderful. Wowzer of a job!!!

KAT said...

pretty indeed.

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Thanks Paula, I think we all are very creative here, have to stay on my toes to keep up...lol

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Thank you so much Kathy...I appreciate your comment.

sharon g said...

What a beautiful idea. I love the image of the girl.

B. Poteraj said...

How pretty. I like the soft look.

Becky Dunham said...

Oh Dawn, I LOVE this! What an amazing idea! That Poppet collection is so sweet! I have got to get that CD :) Thanks for sharing this idea!

Amy E said...

Dawn, this is GORGEOUS!!!!