Sunday, June 10, 2012

Another Purple Bear

Here's another card using the new Meadow Cottage Bears by Christine Haworth. Last week I shared a card in purples with this adorable little guy.  I liked him so much that I did a variation in purple and sage green with this Happy Birthday bear set for today's post.

Once again, this is a simple and classic symmetrical layout, using a large central image and a greeting underneath.

First I stamped the image in black, and colored with my Spectrum Noir markers.  I did pick out my designer background paper first, so that I could be sure to color the bows to match.  The main image was matted on to a scalloped purple card stock.  I layered two coordinating purple print papers, a stripe and a paisley,  onto a folded white card base. Don't you love the way a stripe adds structure to a coordinating paisley or floral? Lastly, I added the greeting, a pearl and a little ribbon on the right of the greeting.

Hope you're inspired to do a little creating of your own this week,  Have a wonderful summer Sunday!

Marge Dady

4 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the fab image and papers.xxx

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Wonderful colors! Looks great in all colors

Trena in Naperville said...

Never can have too much purple Marge! :o) Sweet card!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Kathy said...

Great card, love the background paper. Purple is my fav. great job.