Thursday, June 7, 2012

Birthday Bear Box


Let's just get right down to the details of this project, shall we?

First, I placed the main image from the Meadow Cottage Bears - Happy Birthday set on ultra smooth premium card stock - twice. I colored one of my images with Spectrum Noir markers.   I used fine line markers to color in the tiny details of the cards. I cut this card stock to 3 1/2" x 4". Then, I ran around the edge of the image with a blue marker I'd used in the big bow.

One the other image, I colored the ribbon on the small bear; the front of the card the large bear is holding and the large bear's paw; and the bow from the large bear. I "fussy cut" these out with a craft knife. Note - the front of the card and the bear's paw should be cut out together. I attached the small bear's bow with just a tiny bit of 3-D Crystal Lacquer around the neck area. I curled up the ribbon at the bottom just a little bit.

I used double-sided adhesive foam to pop-up the card front and paw as well as the bow on the large bear.


Next, I used my Ultimate Tool to make a box. I used a 6 1/2" x 7" heavy weight white card stock. I put this piece on the tool where you score the base of your box. I scored all sides at the 1 1/2" line. I notched the corners and glued to form the base of the box.

I used a 5 1/2" x 6" piece of red card stock to make the lid for the box. I scored all four sides at the 1" line on the box top area of the tool. Then, I scored in a scallop around the edges of the top. I notched the corners and glued to form the lid. After it was dry, I used a 1/8" hole punch to put a hole under the middle of each scallop. I used a 1/16" punch to place a hole where the scallops met. (Please see photo for placement of punched holes.)


I glued the finished image piece to the top of the box.

Now, the birthday bear box is ready to fill with chocolates or a gift card or jewelry. I would like to receive a box like this with a little gift in it. Wouldn't you?

Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.

Lisa

3 comments:

Trena in Naperville said...

Love this Lisa! Your color is so pretty and I dig the way you popped his paw and ribbon! I'll take chocolates AND jewelry in my box please. :o)

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Love it!!! The texture on the bear is wonderful, I am with Trena and chocolate...lol

Kathy said...

Wow, you did a great job on this card. I love how you used the little dots to make the bear. Awesome gift box. Excellent job.