Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Enjoy!

Welcome to June!!  Stacy here today to show you what I made for my child's teacher.  It is that time of year again...the end of school.  I always try to come up with something special for my children to give to their teachers to show how much we appreciate them. I have 5 kids and that can add up pretty quickly. 


So I decided to recycle a box I had around the house.   I re-covered it with some fun, brightly colored papers and added a ribbon from my stash.  I stamped out a vase of flowers from the French 50's Cafe set from Sheena Douglass' - A Little Bit Scenic collection.  I figure what is more perfect to give to your teacher than some flowers - right? 



I colored the image with my awesome, ridiculously reasonably priced Spectrum Noir markers.  And then I cut a piece of coordinating card stock and the image out with some dies.   I layered them and then attached them to the lid of the box and then topped it off with a yellow flower. 



I filled the box with some chocolates and then to take it over the top a bit, I made a gift card holder out of a mini paper bag.  I used some matching patterned papers and ribbon to decorate it.  I stamped out "thank you" in the corner.  I found a fun "chalkboard" tag in my stash and layered a fussy cut apple and button onto it and adhered it to the bag.  I pulled out one of the cute little clothes pins I have in my stash and went over one side of it with some Versamark ink, then I added some Stampendous Red Dragon embossing powder and heat set it. 

All there was left to do was to pop a little gift card into the bag and I used my little clothes pin to make sure the card doesn't fall out.  I just clipped the card to the side of the bag.  Isn't it cute!!  I just love how it turned out.  I can see me making a ton of these little cuties. 



I hope you can find time in your busy schedule to join in on this month's Sunshine/Yellow challenge on the Crafter's Companion Challenge blog.  You could be the lucky winner of a $30 gift card to our online store!! 

Until next time...happy scrapping!!!

3 comments:

Trena in Naperville said...

This is such a cute gift!! I'm sure Georgia's teacher will enjoy it!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Kathy said...

Wonderful project Stacy! Great gift box. Love the tags and they way you colored the stamp.. The flower is a wonderful touch. Lucky teacher. Excellent job.

Dawn's Craft Place said...

I am telling you these are a wonderful gift idea, can you imagine how many apple gifts and flowers they get?
Bet the teachers loved these.
Thanks for sharing