Sunday, June 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Bear

OMG, aren't these brand new Meadow Cottage Bears by Christine Haworth so much fun? Today I'm using the Happy Birthday bear set.


This is a simple and classic symmetrical layout, using a large central image and a greeting underneath. I wanted the focus to be on that adorable bear!

First I stamped the image in black, and colored with my Spectrum Noir markers.  For a change, I picked out my designer background paper first, so that I could be sure to color his bow to match. I used a Cuttlebug dry embossing folder and embossed a white quarter sheet.  From the center, I die cut the white scalloped layer, and I used what was left as a frame layer behind the designer paper. No waste! In person this adds just a touch of subtle texture. I added the greeting, two pearls that as serendipity would have it, matched perfectly, and a tiny pearl in the center of the little card that he is holding.  This was all matted onto a magenta card base.

I've noticed that when I use white as a layer, the card seems lighter and has a softer feel overall.  Using black as a layer, which I often do, makes for higher contrast and pops colors more. When I want something more dramatic or am using brighter colors, I use black.

Hope you are enjoying your Sunday, and I'll see you back here next week.

Marge Dady

6 comments:

Tammy Ortiz said...

Oh my goodness I love this cutie. Wow I will be broke soon

Dawn's Craft Place said...

I just love purple with this cutie!!! Yes I am loving tyhese Bears.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super sweet!

Kathy said...

Beautiful card marge!!! Love the purple and your voloring is wonderful, Super job!!

Kathy S. said...

Very pretty card. I really like your color choice. Love the bears!

Trena in Naperville said...

What a sweet, sweet card Marge. AND, great tip on framing!! Thanks for sharing!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!