Sunday, June 17, 2012

Meadow Cottage Bears

 Carolyn here today to share with you an adorable stamp set from the 
Isn't this With Love stamp so adorable? I have to admit I have a soft spot for bears. I do however have a issue with trying to color fur! I figured it out and the secret is making layers from light to dark and "flicking" your Spectrum Noir pens with the fur grain.
Believe me when I say start with the lightest shades.  If you don't, you may end up with a dark blob and no depth. I used a lot of soft colors and papers with this card and I like how it doesn't jump to attention when you first look at it. Subtle colors give your eyes a rest and enables you to see all the other little details.
 Thank you for stopping by to see my card, don't forget to stop back daily for more inspiration.

6 comments:

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Carolyn,
Such a great card! I love the cute little bear and the all the pretty elements used. TFS AJ~

Kathy said...

Wow!! So beautiful, and I love all the layering and embellishments. Your coloring is wonderful! Excellent job.

Stacy H-W said...

Beautiful coloring job Carolyn!! I just love the soft romantic colors you used!!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

I just love these adorable bears, your layering is wonderful on your project

Kathy said...

This is wonderful, love all the layers, very victorian!!! Great job!!!

Trena in Naperville said...

Carolyn,
What a lovely card!

Take care and and STAY POSITIVE!