Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sweet Cottage Bears

Hi all!  Jen (JLJ Designs) here with a sweet card featuring the new Meadow Cottage Bears by Christine Haworth.  I used the Happy Birthday set to make a pink card.


I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers.  Here's my cheat sheet:


I chose papers from my stash to match the pink marker colors.  I added pink seam binding, craft pins, and a flower.

I make the craft pins myself with findings from the bead section at your local craft store and a box of pearl beads that they have in several sizes.    On the left, there's the makings for a craft pin with a bead and on the right there's one with pearl beads.


Put the top two beads onto the finding.


Add hot glue below the second bead and quickly slide the third bead onto the finding.  I had a hard time taking a picture of this step, since I don't have three hands :-)


Here are the finished pins.  Glue the pin onto your card.  They're very easy to make and your card looks oh so elegant.


 
Happy Crafting!
Jen

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Great card Jen!! Your coloring is wonderful and I love the background paper. Thank you for the tutorial, I love the pins. Excellent job..

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Oh I just love this card in pink...adorable as can be. Love the stick pins, so creative sweetie, such a great addition

Stacy H-W said...

I love your card!! And thanks for the fun tutorial on the stick pins. I will be making some soon!!

Cathy said...

Your card is beautiful, I have got to try the pin thing!
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

Rebecca Morefield-Wagner said...

Hahaha, it's funny you are showing the hat pins. I have been on a hat pin making spree this past month and enjoying every minute of it. Glad to see I am not the only one who is having a ball making all my own embellishments!

You card and coloring are lovely!

Cheryl said...

This is SO sweet!!