Thursday, June 28, 2012

A traveller ... Card

Hi folks!


It's that time of week again. This week's project uses two images from the Stamp-It Australia Discovery collection.


I stamped the Hummingbird Wings on some Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock. I cut this out (refer to photo), used a glue stick and stuck it onto a scrap of black. I cut out the image again, leaving a border of black. See the completed card photo for the finished cut around the bird.

I only used part of the Bird Cage image. I stamped it on a piece of Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock four times. Please refer to the photo for placement of the cages.

I cut this card stock down to a 4 5/16" square. I used Extra Strong Permenent Tape to attach this to a 4 1/2" square piece of red card stock.

Using the tape again, I stuck the bird cage layer onto the front center of a 5" square, black with dotted-swiss texture card base. This card has a side fold.

Last, I used double sided adhesive foam to attach the bird image to the center of the card. Now, it's done.

Remember to look at your stamps in a different way. See if you can make a decorative image by stamping only part of the stamp.

I like a simple card. This card is simple. I hope you like it too.


Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.

Lisa

7 comments:

Dawn's Craft Place said...

This is a beautiful design and wonderful project to share sweetie

dmbennett said...

Wonderful card Lisa.

tndj said...

neat stamp and nice card. Like the way
you did it and it was clean and simple. I
like things that a simple

Trena in Naperville said...

Very creative idea Lisa!! Elegant design!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Kathy said...

Lisa,this is beautiful!! love that it is just black and white.
Your are an inspiration girl!! Wonderful job!!

Carol said...

Gorgeous, Love the black and white design.

Stacy H-W said...

I am always inspired by your projects!! What a fab idea!! I love how this turned out.