Thursday, June 14, 2012

Windmill Reflection



I've used the Windmill Reflection stamp from the Art-Kure Timeless Britain Collection. I put the image on a piece of Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock. I punched out the image using a 3" oval paper punch. I then colored it with Spectrum Noir markers.

I used a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of black card stock for the base of the card. It was folded in half -this card has a top fold.

The colored image was attached to the center of a 3 1/2" oval piece of teal card stock. (Note - I used the Extra Strong Permanent Tape to attach all the pieces in this project.) This was then centered and attached to a 3 3/4" x 2 3/4" piece of black card stock. This layered piece was then attached to a 4 3/4" x 3 1/2" piece of tan card stock.

Before attaching this layered piece to the card base, I used a 1/16" hole punch to punch three holes near the bottom right corner of the tan card stock. I put small black brads in these holes. I used that same hole punch to punch a hole into the top left area of the teal oval. I punched there because the brad's "legs" were on the right side of the dragonfly. I wanted the dragonfly to rest partially on the black card stock and partially on the ovals. (Please refer to the photo for placement of the brads.)

After the decorations had been placed on the layered piece, I then attached it to the card base.

Done!! Another quick and easy card. Did I ever tell you all how much I like quick and easy? LOL!!


Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.



Lisa

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Lisa, this is wonderful!! I love the way you did the reflection on the water. Love the dragonfly charm also.Great card!!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

So beautiful! Like a mirror image of beauty...great job sweetie

Stacy H-W said...

Beautiful.

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Awesome card! I love the the reflection of the image in the water. TFS AJ~

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous!!

Kathy S. said...

I love your card. It is so serene. Beautiful.

Trena in Naperville said...

Very pretty Lisa! Love your sky!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!