Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Year In The Life Of A Tree

Hi everyone, Kathy here and today I want to share with you a wonderful stamp from the Art-Kure, line of stamps.  I just love this tree stamp!!  You can make the tree into whatever
you need for your project.

This is the front of the card.  Just a simple die cut tree from
Memory box inc. called Arboscello tree, layered on red and black card stock over a white base.

For the base I used a 17 by 5 piece of card stock folded in half,
then in half again, to make an M shape. This is so I have room to place four trees.

I stamped out 4 trees and using spellbinders dies, cut them out and embellished them with flower soft, Spectrum-Noir Markers, and pearls to look like apples.


The tree started out plain. I added some color in the background for the sky, and then a little color in the tree. Then used the flower soft.


I did this with all four trees.  Coloring first, then adding the
embellishments.  Placed them on the card, over a
piece of red card stock, layered over the white.


I started out with winter.  You can see how beautiful this stamp is!

Then in the spring, when the tree has all the blossoms, adding 
a little light green.


For summer, I added darker greens, and the apples.
(yes those are apples LOL)


Then I used fall colors, orange and yellow. Adding a little pile of leaves on the ground.  ( I know an apple tree doesn't
normally turn these colors, but  I wanted to show how you can change the colors to make the tree different)  It's all in fun :)

This is what the card looks like open.

 
All these trees from one stamp.
To see this stamp and all the wonderful new stamps from the Art Cure Line.  Go to Crafter's Companion.com
and check them out.
Also don't forget to check out the Crafter's Companion Challenge BlogThis month the theme is sunshine
or yellow. The prize this month is 30.00 in gift certificates.
Just use a Crafter's Companion stamp, make a project and enter.  That's it, so easy.

I hope you enjoyed the project today.

Thank you so much for stopping by.  And have a scrappy day.

Kathy

10 comments:

Trena in Naperville said...

Kathy, this is an awesome project! I love the way you make the trees come alive with the beautiful details you added! Thanks for excellent directions!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

tndj said...

beautiful!

Kathy said...

Thank you Trena.

Kathy said...

Thank you very much.

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Oh my goodness these are wonderful...the colors are amazing Kathy!

Kathy said...

Thank you Dawn, Take care of yourself sweetie. let me know if you need anything. Hugs Kathy

wicanmoongodes79 said...

I love it. showing the seasons is my favorite part of the card and the blending of the colors is awesome.

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

what a beauty Kathy! This really is very creative! fab job!

Cheryl said...

What beautiful images! I love that you used the four seasons.

Tiffany S said...

Those trees look amazing
great job!