Saturday, July 7, 2012

Across the Miles at Christmas

Hello everyone! It's Taylor here today, and I am SO very excited to be sharing my first project as a DT member for this amazing team!  I'm really excited about these new images, and can't wait to show off my card.  Let's get started!


I inked up the new Mulberry Wood Across the Miles image with some Memento ink - I seriously don't think I could craft without Tuxedo Black in my life.  I colored it with my Spectrum Noir markers...they're also a must-have in my book.  The reds turn out beautifully!  Here is a closer look at what I used on this card:

Reds: DR7, DR6, CR11, CR9
Greys: IG9, IG7, IG6, IG5 (snow: IG3, IG2, IG1) (poster: BG5, BG3)
Greens: DG4, DG3, DG2, CG2, CG1
Browns: TN6, TN5, TN3 (ears: EB7, EB6, EB3)
Scarf: DR7, BG8
Outline/Sky: BG3, BG2

I tend to color using the darker pens first, and then add the lighter.  But there is no wrong way to color with the Spectrum Noir markers!  You should definitely check out the great instructional DVD from Leann Chivers.  She shares amazing tips and techniques!

Once I colored the image, I went back in with a white gel pen and colored over the snowflakes, to help them "pop".  To finish off my card I added a sentiment and a bit of hand stitching; behind the image itself I added a die cut doily that reminds me of snowflakes.

Thanks for stopping by - have a terrific weekend!  If you need a challenge to get your mojo going, stop by the Crafter's Companion Challenge blog.  There's a $30 gift certificate up for grabs this month, and the challenge is Anything Goes.  That's easy enough!

11 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Beautiful card Taylor! What a fab first project.

julie_woolston said...

Gorgeous Taylor this is one of my favorite images.

Hugs Julie x

Kathy said...

Wonderful card Taylor, your coloring is awesome!!!

Cheryl said...

This is absolutely stunning, Taylor!!!

KYCrafter said...

You chose the perfect colors for this project! Your coloring skills are magnificent! Great work!

{Chrissie} said...

Taylor, your card is amazing! Your coloring skills have blown me away!!!!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Taylor the colors are fantastic on this card- love your design

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

CC Girls are so rocking the Christmas theme set. I have this on my Gift before Christmas list. Ha! Lovely card and I love the coloring. TFS AJ~

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Paula, Glad to find your blogs, this is a gorgeous christmas card & your coloring is awesome. Thanks for your visit to my Blog, appreciate your support at the IO challenges :) Your creations are always beautiful ! Have a great week, Shirley

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Well I just realized that this isn't Paula, not sure how that happened :) But your creation is beautiful Taylor ! take care, Shirley

LaJanette said...

FABULOUS card! I am amazed by your gorgeous blending:0)

Gotta jot down these color combos; especially the red and pup colors!

Jugs;
Janette