Thursday, July 19, 2012

By the Light Card

This week's card uses the Strawberry Kisses set "Babe". I really think this is a cute set. 


I started with a piece of 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" blue card stock. I folded it in half and saved for later. (This card has a side fold.)

I put the main image on a 2 3/4" x 3 1/4" piece of Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock. I added 5 star images inside the moon image. I colored this with Spectrum Noir markers. These markers are great for those of you who never tried the other popular alcohol marker because of cost. These are a great buy - multi-pack or single. Try out the techniques DVD offered too. It is a big help in getting started with the markers.

I colored the cat to resemble one of my own. Then colored the rest of the image.

When I'd finished coloring, I started to put little dots of silver metallic pen around the moon and tried to fan the ink out with my finger. Didn't like it. I put Diamond Stickles around the edge of the moon. I spread this out with my finger also. I gave it plenty time to dry. And decided it was fine that way.

I attached this to a 3 1/4" x 4 1/2" piece of brown card stock. I placed the image about 1/4" down from the top and in from the sides. I used the Extra Strong Permanent Tape to secure it.

I centered the brown card stock to the front center of the blue card and attached it with the same tape.

You may want to embellish the area under the colored image, or you might want to add a sentiment like I did. In this example, I printed my sentiment onto Ultra Smooth Cardstock. I cut it down to 2 3/4" x 1/2". I then mounted it to the card with a double layer of the Double Sided Adhesive Foam. Note: I used a double layer because I wanted it to be 1/8" up off the card instead of 1/16" off the card.

When I was done - or thought I was - I thought the card "needed something" I decided to add the extra star stickers to the top left and bottom right.

Hope you liked this week's card!



Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.


Lisa












10 comments:

Tonya said...

Aww this is adorable! I love that image.

Aliya said...

Very cute!

tndj said...

LOve the card. Do you have to use the special card stock? Can you use regular card stock with the spectrum noir? Love the colors.

Kathy said...

So cute! Love your coloring.

Pat said...

you're right, it IS cute! Love the design of your card, thanks for sharing!

Cheryl said...

This is absolutely adorable! I LOVE the stripes on the cat!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

ScrappyRae10 said...

AWE to cute

Trena in Naperville said...

So sweet Lisa!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Such a fabulous design and the coloring is wonderful

Barb Turpin said...

What a cute image and sentiment!