Saturday, July 28, 2012

Coloring on Silhouette Images


Crafter's Companion released two great new sets designed by Sheena Douglass last week!   I used the Silhouette Grasses to make my card today.  I think the sentiment is SO gorgeous, and a great thing to be reminded of.  I paired with with the lovely flowers....and just in case you thought it wasn't possible to color on silhouette images, I decided to show you that you can!

I often hear people say they can't color, or they are afraid to.  I promise - anyone can color!  Just start small, like I did on this card.  I stamped my image on Ultra Smooth White card stock and added Distress Ink around the edges.  I then used my Spectrum Noir markers to outline around the edges of the words (CR4), the stems (DG2), and to color right on top of the flowers (GG1). When I was all finished, I added some Yellow Stickles to the tips of the flowers, for sparkle.  I also added three small dots of Cotton Candy Stickles in the left corner of the image.

See, anyone can color - even on solid images!  Give it a try today :) And as a reminder - there is still time to play along in this month's Crafter's Companion USA Challenge!  The challenge this month is to create a card or project with any Crafter's Companion stamp - and you could win a $30 gift certificate to the store!  You should definitely play along!!

Supplies:
Stamps: (Crafter's Companion)
Card Stock: Ultra Smooth White (Crafter's Companion), Yellow (Bazzill), Kraft (Canvas Corp)
Patterned Paper: Tea for Two (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Coloring Medium: Spectrum Noir
Accessories: Yellow, Cotton Candy Stickles (Ranger), Ribbon (May Arts)

9 comments:

ScrappyRae10 said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

Trena in Naperville said...

So pretty Taylor! Great tips!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Kathy said...

wonderful, love the layers of beautiful card stock.

Denise said...

Your card is so beautiful! Love the color on your stamp.

Cheryl said...

What a gorgeous card! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Aliya said...

Amazing card! I love it! Your layering in the background adds that "something extra" to bring it all together. Thanks for sharing such great ideas!

Stacy H-W said...

lovely card!

runzalot81 said...

Outstanding!

Tonya said...

This is really beautiful!