Thursday, July 19, 2012

Easy 3-D Christmas Card

Good morning crafter's!  I am showing off a stamp today from Crafter's Companion USA's new Stamp-It Christmas collection.  From wreaths, Christmas trees, and Santa's to all kinds of sentiment stamps, this collection has it all.  For my card, I choose a beautiful cursive Merry Christmas sentiment stamp and an image of Santa's outfit hanging on a clothing line.  I am so in love with this stamp.  It's really easy to color as well.



I enlarged the my stamp using my scanner and printer to create a huge Christmas card for a friend.  (Always check with the company to make sure you are not breaking their copyright on using the stamp).  I received permission to do this for my project. Actual size of stamp is 3 5/8" by 2". To color my stamp, I used four of my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers; CR8, CR11, DR5, and GB8.  The great thing about the Spectrum Noir markers are that they blend so well.


Next, I got out a little black embroidery floss that I had on hand.  I tied two small bows and cut the length to match the length of the clothesline on either side.  From the left over thread, I cut three more pieces to match the rest of the clothesline.  Using a tiny bit of clear-drying glue, I covered the stamped clothesline with the pieces of floss.


To add some bling to my Christmas card, I then covered all the trim of Santa's clothes with a thick layer of Diamond Stickles.


I hope you enjoyed my quick and easy 3-D Christmas card.  Be sure to pop by tomorrow for another sneak peak of our new Stamp-It Christmas line.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Denise

9 comments:

Tonya said...

Denise, I love this card. It is so fun and festive. Great coloring!

Kathy said...

I love it, Great card.

Cheryl said...

I absolutely love your card! Great coloring and the embroidery floss is perfect for the clothesline!

ScrappyRae10 said...

I love this! Great idea and the red on white just POPS!

Trena in Naperville said...

Awesome coloring Denise!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great card Denise! Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Dorina D said...

What a fun card. Love this stamp. It's now one of my favorites for Christmas.

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Love the size and your coloring is fabulous, what a wonderful card...I was thinking along the same lines...lol

Barb Turpin said...

Love this card! The image and the font on the sentiment...perfect combination!