Saturday, July 14, 2012

Fairies & Flowers

Hello everyone!  It's Taylor here today, and I am thrilled to be sharing the birthday card I made for someone special. Ready to take a peek?


I knew as soon as I saw the Flower Fairies at Crafter's Companion USA that I absolutely had to have them. Does anyone NOT love fairies?!  I inked up the CandyTuft fairy with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and stamped her on Ultra Smooth White card stock.  I colored everything using my Spectrum Noir markers...and let me tell you, they color on this card stock beautifully!  It kind of made me feel like a rock star :)


I decided on a mostly pink color scheme.  Here is a closer look at what markers I used:

Fairy Outfit & Wings: PP6, PP5,  PP4, PP3, PP1
Fairy Skin: FS7, FS4, FS3
Fairy Hair: GB8, EB2, EB1
White Flowers: DG2, DG1, GG1
Pink Flowers: PP5, PP4, PP2
Flower Stems: DG4, CG2, DG1
Butterflies: GB5, CT4, CT2, CT1

I used the same markers from the stems to create some grass at the bottom of the image. Then I fussy cut the smaller flowers (tip: use a hobby blade to cut in between the small stems prior to fussy cutting the entire image) after coloring them.  Once I decided on an arrangement, I adhered them with foam tape for extra dimension.  To adhere the butterflies I folded the wings up a bit and used Mono Multi Glue to place the bodies directly on the main image.

Have you had a chance to play along in this month's Crafter's Companion USA Challenge?  The challenge this month is to create a card or project with any Crafter's Companion stamp - and you could win a $30 gift certificate to the Crafter's Companion store!  You should definitely play along!!

Supplies:
Stamps: CandyTuft (Crafter's Companion)
Card Stock: Ultra Smooth White (Crafter's Companion), Black (Recollections), Always Artichoke (SU)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Coloring Medium: Spectrum Noir
Tools:Oval Punches (SU)

6 comments:

ScrappyRae10 said...

Beautiful! love the colors and the dimension

Tonya said...

This is just beautiful. I love the colors and I just adore all of the Flower Fairies stamps that CC carries. They are all so beautiful.

Cheryl said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Taylor!!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

I love what you did with this cutie...this is one of my favorite and I use her lots.

Kathy said...

Taylor this is wonderful, candytuft is one of my favorites!!
You did aa excellent job on the coloring and the flowers are stunning!!!

KYCrafter said...

Taylor ... love it!!! I've tried to color the fairy stamps and now see what I was doing wrong. I was using colors not suiting a fairy!! Will have to try again.