Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy Monday!

Hello and Happy Monday to you!  I'm Cheryl Caldwell-Nyboer and I'm thrilled to be one of the new designers here at Crafter's Companion!  This is my very first post, so I'd like to tell you just a little bit about myself before I show you my first project.  I started this wonderful (passion) hobby fifteen years ago and love it as much as ever!  I can't imagine my life without this creative outlet and I am looking forward to sharing this love with you!

For my first project, I chose the gorgeous Sheena stamps to work with.  It was hard to narrow them down and you'll be seeing more of these stamps on my coming projects.  I've never been to France, but dream of going there some day.  When I saw this Little Bit Scenic set of stamps, I just had to use some of them for my first project.


Don't these sunflowers just scream "French countryside"?  I actually used the large and small sunflowers from the Little Bit Scenic "Provence" set and the sentiment from Little Bit Scenic "French 50's Cafe" set.   I used Ranger Distress Ink, Vintage Photo to ink the edges of my sentiment.  Here's a side view of my card so that you can see the dimension:


I colored in three of the large sunflowers and the small bunch of sunflowers.  Next I "fussy cut" all of them out.  For the cluster on the left, I used pop dots on two of the sunflowers and then cut the third flower in half.  I "tucked" each half underneath on each side.  I also cut the small bunch in half so that I could "stack" it up.  Here's a close-up of the sunflowers:



You can see that I also curled the ends of the sunflowers up just a little bit.  I love to give things dimension and this is one way to do that.  I hope this has given you some ideas of how to use stamps in a different way.

Til next time, happy crafting and I hope you have a wonderful week!!

8 comments:

{Chrissie} said...

I adore how you colored the flowers and how you curled them up. Absolutely fantastic!

Kathy said...

Love your card Cheryl!! your colors are awesome and the coloring wonderful.I really like that background paper and the ribbon and lace makes the card pop!! Excellent job!! Welome to the team!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

So glad to see your first post sweetie! Wonderful design and great colors.

KYCrafter said...

This is wonderful!!! Keep up the great work!

Michelle H. said...

Very beautiful card!!
Love all the details on your flowers!!

Denise said...

These colors are fabulous! Perfect for Summer :)

Cheryl said...

Thank you ALL for your wonderful comments!! I'm SO thrilled to be a member of this team!!

LaJanette said...

THis is such an awesome card! I love the dimension of the flowers, the color pallet is fabulous and just everything is so well put together! Love it!

Hugs;
Janette