Thursday, July 5, 2012

Have a Purr'fect Christmas


Hello all!!

Boy, it sure was nice to have a snow scene to work on. It has been so hot and humid here in Kentucky! (And other places, I know, I know.)

I used the Ian Hallows' Mulberry Wood Purr'fect Christmas stamp for this week's project. I placed the image on a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" piece of Ultra Smooth Premium Cardstock. I placed this image toward the left side of the paper. I colored the image with my Spectrum Noir markers. I added a bit of metallic pen for the tree garland, star, and ornament toppers. I used a white opaque pen to add a highlight for shine on the ornaments.

I used a die cut machine and die to create the snowflake border on the right side of the paper. You could use a regular border punch, or leave this step off.

I used a "snow pen" to make the snow flakes in the image. A "snow pen" is a pen you shake then write or draw with to create the "look of snow" on your project. You wait until the paint is dry and then heat it with a craft tool. This could also be done with dimensional fabric paint.

I used glitter glue on the snowflake border on the edge. And on the ground.

I used a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of light blue card stock, folded in half, for the card base. This card has a top fold.

I used a 5" x 3 3/4" of white card stock for the inside of the card. I placed the "Have a Purr'fect Christmas" image on this piece of paper and attached it to the center of the inside of the card. I used the Extra Strong Permanent Tape for this step.

After the glitter glue had dried, I attached that piece to the front of the card. This was attached with the Extra Strong Permanent Tape on the straight sides. I used a wet glue, like Mono Multi Glue, for the back side of the snowflake parts.

I hope you all enjoyed this week's project!

Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.
Lisa

9 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

This is so super cute!! I think those kittens playing under the tree are adorable. Great job!!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Oh how sweet, I have to say these are cute as can be...love the kittens on your design.

Kathy said...

Lisa, this is adorable!! love the kitty stamp, and the snowflakes are wonderful. Great job.

Rufus said...

The kitties are really cute!
R/

Cheryl said...

Your card is gorgeous, Lisa! I LOVE the sparkle and the stamp is adorable! Thanks for the inspiration!!

LaJanette said...

Cute! I love the snowflakes on the edge....very cute! Stay cool:0)

Hugs;
Janette

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Awesome card and just in time for a little Christmas in July. :-) TFS AJ~

Denise said...

Love your 3-D snowballs! Your card is so sweet!

{Chrissie} said...

The snowflakes are just too cute! Wonderful card!