Monday, July 9, 2012

A Home Decor Project

Happy Monday to all of you!  I hope that you had a wonderful weekend.  I made a home decor project to share with you today.  When I saw this "Hummingbird Wings" stamp in the Crafter's Companion Store, I just loved it and couldn't wait to use it.  It's from the Stamp It Australia line and I was drawn to it because it was black and white ~ I just love black and white and I love the poem.
I created this home decor project for our guest bedroom.  We frequently have overnight guests and I thought this poem about "A traveler" would be the perfect addition for the nightstand.


Isn't that poem just perfect for a guest bedroom?  I think this is so striking in black and white and I didn't want to detract from that.  I added the black, white and gray patterned paper underneath the grey cardstock.  To keep the muted look, I added black, white and gray flowers in the corners.  I did add some green leaves for a little extra color.
I also inked the edges of the white paper that the black stamp is on, as well as the edges of the doilies.  I used Ranger Distress Ink, Black Soot and it can be purchased in the Crafter's Companion Store, as well.  Here's a close-up photo of the bird's lovely delicate nose and he looks as if he's going to dive right into that flower.  

I think this stamp is simply stunning!  Here's another close-up:

Isn't his sweeping tail just divine?  SO elegant!!  Again, I used some small flowers in the corner.  I have one more close-up photograph to show you:
I certainly have enjoyed creating this home decor project to share with you this week.  I hope I've inspired you to try something new ~ maybe a home decor piece of your own. If these subdued colors aren't your favorite, try using the black and white poem and maybe adding some red flowers to a gray or black background or change the patterned paper to a brighter color.  There are lots of variations on this piece that would suit your taste or decor.  All you need in addition to this is a cute little stand to sit it on


I'll see you next week!

~ Hugs, Cheryl ~

11 comments:

Tonya said...

Cheryl, This is fabulous. I love the stamp and your design is gorgeous.

{Chrissie} said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! This is STUNNING!!!!

Happycrafter Shell said...

It's just so beautiful! I love everything about it xx

Kathy said...

Awesome card!! Love the black and white theme. The stamp is so fab. Excellent job!!!

Trena in Naperville said...

Very pretty Cheryl - a classy design!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Cheryl said...

Thank you ALL so much!!!!!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

How fabulous! I love this piece and such a great idea to use in the guest room

Barb Turpin said...

I LOVE this! So classy with the striped background and the doilies, and all of your flowers are gorgeous!

KYCrafter said...

What a lovely project!!!! Great work!!

LaJanette said...

This is awesome Cheryl! I love the poem; I bet it will look great in your guest room and bring a sense of welcome to them. It is so pretty and elegant!

Hugs;
Janette

Cedric Meldon said...

To make your home beautiful, it is necessary to do some experiments and something new to decorate your home. Here is the great home decore project.
Exterior wall coatings