Sunday, July 15, 2012

Kanji Friendship

Today I want to share with you a Friendship card that I did with the Kanji stamps from Crafter's Companion.  I love these stamps because the calligraphy images are so simple and elegant.  To keep with the elegant theme, I limited my color palette to white, black and gold.


I started by stamping the Friendship Kanji in black ink onto white card stock.  I used an oval die cut to cut and emboss it, and then mounted it onto a scalloped oval using brushed gold card stock.

I used tissue paper from my stash, with a simple gold-line rose design.  I crumpled it into a ball, lightly smoothed it, and then modge-podged it to a sheet of scrap card stock.  After it dried, I trimmed it and layered it onto more of the brushed gold, then black, and then on to a folded white card base.

I used dimensional's to adhere the oval kanji image to the card.  I added pearls below the image and reprised them in the lower left corner.  The final touch was a narrow black ribbon, to which I tied a white tassel and a gold heart charm.

I love it!  Hope you are inspired to try something similar.

Marge Dady

5 comments:

Tonya said...

This is really beautiful.

Stacy H-W said...

Gorgeous card marge! I think I will be scraplifting it soon. ha

Kathy said...

Marge, this is stunning!!! love the way you put the tissue paper on the card stock, I would love to see a tutorial on that.
Great job!!

Cheryl said...

This is just gorgeous!!!

KYCrafter said...

What a great card!!! I would've never guessed it had tissue paper on it! Beautiful!