Monday, July 9, 2012

Missing You...

Hi! Chrissie here today and I have a Christmas card for you! Yes, I know it's July, but I couldn't pass up the chance to work on these darling Mulberry Woods sets!!! They JUST came out on July 5 and you don't want to miss out on these images!!!

I created a holiday card using this set and my Spectrum Noir markers.  I made the envelope look like a Kraft envelope using the blender pen and I used deep reds and green to make the card a tad more vintage-y.  This image is from the Merry & Bright set and the sentiment is from Across the Miles.


I love using the Spectrum Noir markers! They are sooo easy to use and they make me look good.  I had a friend tell me she was envious of my coloring skills and I had to tell her that it was the markers, not me!!!


For the banners at the top, I simply cut a strip of holiday-themed paper and I used a square punch to punch out the banner end.  See the picture below? It's easy - just align the end of the strip in the corner of the square and you have a banner!!!


Thanks for stopping by today!!!

8 comments:

Tonya said...

Oh I love this. The details are awesome. I love that sweet image.

Cheryl said...

This is SO adorable, Chrissie!! Thanks for the tip on making the banners!!

Kathy said...

Wow this is adorable, your coloring is over the top girl!!!
Love the attention to detail, and I love the way you made the banner. Awesome Job!!

Trena in Naperville said...

Just fabulous Chrissie! I dig the way you integrated the postcard in your design!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Great tip and fun project sweetie

Barb Turpin said...

I love the postcard, and the cute little envelope...very cute, love the postal theme and thanks for the tip on the banner!

KYCrafter said...

Great colors for a vintage look! Great work!!

LaJanette said...

Super cool card! I especially like the worn look of the envelope:0)

TFS your banner tip!

Hugs;
Janette