I love to work with silhouettes! The possibilities are endless with masking and embossing and building color. For my project this week, I stamped the island image from Sheena's A Little Bit Scenic - Silhouette Highlands set on two pieces of A2 size Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock for Alcohol Markers. I recommend Memento for this coloring technique. I've tried different types of cardstock with this technique and I really dig the Ultra Smooth - the colors blend so nicely!
I scribbled Spectrum Noir Markers onto a non-stick surface, spritzed with alcohol, picked up color with sponge and spread onto cardstock. Use a light touch and spritz often to keep ink flowing nicely over cardstock. NOTE: be sure to start off cardstock and pull color across. I spread in a horizontal stroke for water and sky.
The next card, I colored with tropical colors. This was inspired by a card Dawn B. made - which you will see on Friday! I stared with just the yellow marker because I knew I wanted to mask a circle for the sun.
After I placed the mask on, I scribbled more color to pallet, spritzed, and spread color.
Can you guess what technique was used to create the tropical scene design layer? Have you ever tried the shaving cream technique?! :o) When I first learned the technique, I went crazy on backgrounds. :o) For those of you who may have never used it, it's very simple.
- spray foam shaving cream into a shallow pan. Squirt a few drops of dye ink re-inker - pick as many colors as you like. I usually picked three and one metallic
- with a knife, gently make swirl patterns. Be careful not to mix colors
- lay a piece of card stock on top of the colors and gently press. Let set for a few seconds
- pull straight up and scrap off shaving cream into a spare bowl or plate
- repeat with several pieces of cardstock. You can add more drops of re-inker at any time
In each scene, I drew in the little birds and used a glitter pen add a few highlights in the water. The sentiment is from Sheena's A Little Bit Sketchy Stamp Set - Optimism set.
Please visit right back here every day this week to more ideas on how to use Sheena's new images. So many ideas flowing!!
Now! Announcing the winner of this lovely Poppies & Daisies stamp set from Sheena Douglas .
AJ, please email your full name, snail mail address and stamp set won to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for visiting!
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!