Thursday, July 5, 2012

Party Time Drawer card

Happy Thursday crafters!  I thought I'd share my favorite type of card with you today, a set of drawers with easel card.  This easy to make card is one the many fabulous projects featured on the Ultimate Advanced Construction Techniques DVD.  I used the Envelobox Creator to create both the card and the Envelobox which holds it.  Once I saw how easy to make it was, I started making them for all different type of occasions.  Friends and family are always excited to receive them too.  Maybe because they have a little treat inside ;)  I've found that they hold a gift card perfectly too.



For the main image of my card, I used the new Humphrey Party Time stamp set.  I just love how versatile this cute little elephant is!  I colored him with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and added Stickles to his hat and the spots on his overalls.  A clown has got to have a little bling.  The fun little banner was cut from the Circuit Birthday Bash cartridge, and I added a couple rhinestones to each flag. 


To hold the Easel card up, I added a row of grey pearls to the top of the lower portion of the card.  I stamped the "Party Time" sentiment from the stamp set a few times as well.  I also hand cut a banner shaped image so I could include a personalized message.  A few more pearls on that completed the card.


One of the really cool parts of this project is that you can make a matching thick envelope to match your card (envelobox).  This one is about an inch in depth and 6 1/4 x 6 1/4 in length.  You can see how I've put the card in it.  Directions for the Envelobox are included in the Ultimate Advanced Construction Techniques DVD as well.


I hope you enjoyed this project and are inspired to create something fun and three-dimensional.  Be sure to stop by tomorrow for a card making technique you won't want to miss.

Have a wonderful day!

11 comments:

Marge said...

Wow! This is wonderful! I'd be excited to receive one too :-)

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Spectacular!!!
I love the papers you used...so great to have you back with us sweetie
Welcome Home...lol

dmbennett said...

Wonderful Card Denise. Love those papers you used.

Kathy said...

Stunning project Denise!!! wonderful papers, and your coloring is wonderful, so glad to have you back!!

madebyKarla said...

so cute! I gotta make on of those soon! Love your paper choice :)

Stacy H-W said...

Total gorgeousness!!! Happy to have you back on the team!!!

Cheryl said...

Oh my word, Denisa!! This is fabulous!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Cheryl said...

I didn't mean to spell your name wrong, Denise. LOL

KYCrafter said...

Wow!! What a wonderful card!! Great colors!

LaJanette said...

This is such an amazing project! Love the matching envelope and even the inside is extra special! I really gotta learn how to make this one!

Hugs;
Janette

{Chrissie} said...

Holy cow. I am in awe of this project. Absolutely. AMAZING.