Sunday, July 1, 2012

A snowy 'Sent with Love'

Hello!  Today I am excited to give you a sneak peek of Ian Hallows' new "Mulberry Wood" Christmas collection from Crafter's Companion. I chose this image of a little critter in an envelope to use - isn't he just adorable?



I stamped the image onto white card stock and colored it with my Spectrum Noir markers. I cut out the upper outline, because I wanted to layer him on a Swiss dot embossed background, reminiscent of snow.  Before I did that, I added lots of Tulip Snow and ultra-fine glitter.

Then he was layered on to the white background with pop dots, and then onto a rose layer to pull out the soft colors of the poinsettias.  This then was adhered to a folded white card base.

The greeting was oval-punched and layered onto a red scallop punch, to bring out the brighter red in his hat, and adhered with pop dots.

I can't wait to see what my fellow design team members do with these brand new Mulberry Wood images and with all the other great Crafter's Companion images.  Stop by next week to see!

Marge Dady

9 comments:

Kathy said...

Great card Marge! Love the way you did the snow.
This stamp is adorable. Great job.

Cathy said...

Beautiful card!! love the details thank you for sharing.
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

Dawn's Craft Place said...

This is so darn cute...I LOVE,LOVE the snow and design of your card...

Aliya said...

Awesome card! I can't wait to see all of the new collection!!!

Kathy S. said...

Wow! Gorgeous card! Your coloring looks great and I love the sparkling snow.

dmbennett said...

Beautiful Card Marge. Love this new image. Really like the way you did the snow, so sparkly.

Cheryl said...

Your card is adorable, Marge!! Love this new collection!!

KYCrafter said...

Another great one!! Too cute!!

LaJanette said...

Love the snowy effect! Stunning card!

Hugs;
Janette