Monday, July 23, 2012

Sunset Inspired

Hi! Chrissie back again today and I have a beautiful card to share.  My son plays a LOT of baseball (he's on a travel team), so in the summer, I spend quite a bit of time outside, watching games.  That means that I'm not crafting, but that doesn't mean that I'm not thinking about crafting.  :-) I am always looking for inspiration everywhere and the sunset the other night was soooo pretty, it just stuck in my mind.  When I sat down to create this card, I knew right away that I wanted to re-create a sunset.



I used a brand new image and sentiment from Sheena's A Little Bit Scenic Silhouette Grasses.  These images are SO fun! To create the beautiful background, I used chalk.  I started with a deep orange, then went to a lighter orange and then yellow.  I just rubbed the chalk in a circular pattern to make it look soft.



I just punched the butterfly twice and adhered them together, then pulled them apart to give it some definition.  I also added some glitter glue to some of the tips of the silhouttes, too.

Thanks for stopping by today!

7 comments:

Denise said...

This is so beautiful Chrissie! I definitely want to make one of these :)

tndj said...

Beautiful card. I love butterflies.

Cheryl said...

Just beautiful, Chrissie!!!

Aliya said...

Beautiful card! It looks so real. Great job!

KYCrafter said...

Lovely!!!

Kathy said...

Wonderful card, love the butterfly,Very well done!!

Barb Turpin said...

I love that 'Bleeding Cowboy' font! Love your card too with the meadow scene...