Monday, July 16, 2012

A Very Merry Christmas

Hello and happy Monday to you. Cheryl here and I'm so excited to be able to share my very first Christmas card of the season with you. We got to play with some stamps that haven't even been released yet. How exciting is that? The new Stamp It Christmas stamps will be released later this month, so be sure to keep checking the store so that you can purchase them the minute they come out! Believe me, you'll want these!! Here's the card that I created:


I used my wonderful Spectrum Noirs to color in the image and added gold glitter glue to the tops of the ornaments. Here's a close-up of the beautiful Christmas tree ornaments:


I only used three different colors of Spectrum Noir alcohol markers on my image. The colors I used are CG1, BP1 and TB1. I repeated colors along the edges and some of the lines, for more accent. Repeating with the same color also intensified the original colors. I finished up with the blender pen and took just a tiny bit of the color off in some places. I LOVE how the colors came out and how well they match the papers. I finished my card off with a large burgundy bow that matched that color in the paper.

Speaking of bows, did you know that the Crafter's Companion Ultimate Tool has a bow maker on it? You can make just about any size bow that you want! I'm also making professional creases in my cards now, using the scoring guides! I don't know how I ever got along without it! I love mine!!

I hope you've enjoyed this "sneak peek" as much as I've enjoyed sharing it with you. Until next week, "happy crafting".

~ Cheryl ~

9 comments:

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Wow Cheryl this is beautiful. I've never seen this stamp by CC and I do love Christmas so your right I will want this. I love it and the coloring is prefect. TFS AJ~

Stacy H-W said...

Beautiful Christmas card Cheryl!! I know I can find a million uses for this new Stamp It Stamp!!

Kathy said...

Wow!!! awesome card... love the colors. Great stamp!! Excellent job...

KYCrafter said...

Great card Cheryl!! I was drawn to that stamp too! Great colors!

Trena in Naperville said...

What a beautiful card!! Great coloring Cheryl!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

I think we all fell in love with this great image-love your color choices sweetie

Cheryl said...

This is one of the new Stamp It Christmas stamps, AJ. They should be in the store by the end of the month.

Thanks so much for the lovely comment!

Cheryl said...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments!! I love this stamp, too and was thrilled to be able to play with it before it was even released.

{Chrissie} said...

I adore the colors, the bow at the top and EVERYTHING about this card!