Monday, July 30, 2012

Wonderful, Sweet, Happy, Perfect Day!

Hi! Chrissie here today! I have a super cute Summer-y card today! I used my favorite image from the Moreheads set (which will be out very soon - check here for it!).  This little girl is just darling!


How darling are those braids peeking out from under the hat?! The original image has little raindrops, too, but I cut them out - I wanted her to have the feeling of being out just after the rain, with the sun finally coming out!


I used my Spectrum Noir markers (LOVE them!) to color her in and then I just cut her out and placed her on the card using foam adhesive.  For the flower, I replaced the stem with some Baker's Twine, the same color I have at the top of the card, to pull it all together.  Don't forget - when you are trimming out a image and you make a little mistake, you can cover up the edge with some black ink from a marker! I do that ALL the time since I'm still getting used to my new scissors!

Thanks for stopping by today!!!




7 comments:

ScrappyRae10 said...

EEEEKKKKKK adorable!!!

Cheryl said...

This is so sweet.

sharon g said...

The calico background is so cute!

Kathy said...

Awww so sweet!!! Great coloring and layering, super job!!

Trena in Naperville said...

She is just so adorable Chrissie! Love your coloring!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Your coloring is amazing...love this cutie

KYCrafter said...

Chrissie - this is a wonderful card!!